Tribeni Vocational Training Center
Tribeni Vocational Training Center. (TVTC) started its operation at the end of 1999 under the title of “Unique Vocational Training Center, Uttara & Guan Choun Vocational Training Center” with active support of Building and Construction Authority (BCA) of Singapore. Registered with the Board of Investment (BOI), this Overseas Training Center (OTC) was established to match the quality of Bangladeshi skilled workers with the international standards. The TVTC is approved by BCA (Singapore) & CIDB (Malaysia) and follows their academic curricula. The center was established with the vision to improve the unemployment issues of the country.
More importantly, the biggest advantage of TVTC is availing the opportunity of fostering cooperation in building skilled manpower for Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Qatar, Oman, Libya, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE etc. Keeping in view the large number of unemployed population in Bangladesh vis-a-vis the demand for workers in different countries, TVTC began its journey.
A short and concise picture of our Tribeni Vocational Training Center facilities is drawn below:
TVTC training center: Uttara in Dhaka. Located near Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, the Uttara training center is equipped with the facilities of electricity, 24-hours standby generator, telephone line, e-mail, fax, student’s accommodation, easy accessibility etc.
The TVTC center is capable of training 350 to 400 trainees by rotation in one training cycle. At TVTC center 150 and 250 trainees can attend theoretical classes at a time respectively.
Normally the training period is up to 3 months. Depending on the trade and the learning capacity of the trainee, it may vary.
25000 square feet of sheltered space with adequate flood lights to facilitate training at night.
Services and Facilities
The trainees, all staying in the Center, are provided with the following facilities during the training period:
• Well equipped theory & practical class rooms.
• Training aids such as digital projectors, laptops, audio systems, black and white boards and writing chairs etc.
• Air-conditioned tester rooms with attached toilet, one at each corner to facilitate in house supervision.
• Adequate natural light and ventilation provided for comfortable working environment.
• There is individual dormitory for student’s accommodation at centers.
• Qualified Teachers and Instructors with Diploma and BSc. in Engineering.
• Quality food served from in-house canteen.
• One stop service (such as training, testing, medical, recruiting agency, tours & travels, insurance and bank loan facility etc.)
Operation of Tribeni Vocational Training Center
Tribeni Vocational Training Center welcomes interested unemployed persons who are equally eager to play constructive role in mitigating their sufferings as well as in taking basic trainings in order to shape up their own lives.
Training on the following trades are available:
• Timber Formwork (TF)
• Steel Reinforcement Work (SR)
• Plumbing And Pipe Fitting (PPF)
• Electrical Wiring Installation (EWI)
• Suspended (Acoustic) Ceiling (AC)
• Interior Dry Wall Installation (IDW)
• Water Proofing (WP)
• Timber Door & Installation (TD)
• Fibrous Plaster Ceiling (FPC)
• Joinery (JN)
• Thermal Insulation (TI)
• Structural Steel Fitting (SSF)
• Aluminum Formwork (AF)
• Ducting Installation For Air-Con & Ventilation (DAV)
• Cladding Installation (CI)
• Pipe Fitting (PF)
• Timber Flooring Installation (TFR)
• Curtain Wall Installation (CWI)
• Fire Sprinkler Installation (FSI)
• Construction Safety Orientation Course (CSOC)
Training is imparted according to the capacity of the trainees with the help of expert trainers. During the training period, a trainee learns both practical skills and theoretical knowledge according to the international syllabus similar to the standards of BCA, Singapore or CIDB, Malaysia. A trainee is registered for the test once the training period is over successfully. Upon passing the test, the trainee is allowed to go abroad as a skilled worker.
The syllabus that is followed is very much industry oriented in terms of its wide applications. This definitely helps reduce unemployment as well as groom persons in various categories of development activities. The demand for skilled workers in the global market is rising. These training centers can comply with the required proficiency of skilled workers anywhere and of high standards.
The trainees should be at least 9th class pass to cope up with the syllabus.